Tuesday, February 28, 2012

So Juicy.

They should be paying me for this!
You know that moment sometime late-winter when you realize you've been eating so deliciously and drinking so merrily (while wearing bulky clothes and hiding on your couch from the cold) that things have gotten a bit out of control? Well over the weekend I had "that moment" so I said to myself, "Meri put down the waffle fries" and yesterday I began a juice cleanse. For 3 days I consume nothing but freshly pressed, delivered, juice concoctions, drinking 1 juice approximately every 2 hours in addition to lots of water and herbal tea.  Given that this is my 3rd cleanse, I know I can expect to drop a few lbs, de-bloat and genuinely feel “cleaner”. In the past my skin has looked brighter, my energy levels increased and most importantly, I have a renewed focus on healthier living (I need to step away from the mac cheese and kick my own butt a few times a year!)

I get incredibly mixed feedback when I tell people about my cleanse. Some see tremendous health benefits and believe in the power of juicing (I have a co-worker juice buddy right now!) while others think I am bat sh*t crazy. I’m probably somewhere in between :) I can’t speak to the health of it other than confirmation that I am getting a good number of calories and 1,000% of my daily fruits and veggies (pineapple, spinach, kale, beets, carrots, lemons, apples to name a few) but anything that has me cutting out caffeine, alcohol, sugar and salt for 3 days can’t be bad. The truth is, I'm never going to be one of those "naturally healthy" people. I need to focus on what I consume and occasionally reset my habits due to overindulgence. How do you snap out of a foodie-free-for-all? Do you have a healthy tool for getting yourself back on track? Share!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I am starting BluePrint now and am hoping that I don't cheat on the first day (I'm not very good at restricting myself). I just got back from France and have had some serious meat sweats so I am hoping this helps me "re-set"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zaree I know you can do it!!! The juices are way more filling than you'd expect... if you can survive the taste of the mean green (as I like to call it) you'll be just fine (also, France!? awesome:) Thanks for reading!!

    ReplyDelete