Friday, May 3, 2013

The not nagging nag.

Sometime early last week, I noticed that the face wash Dr. H uses in the shower (Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash by way of CVS) was empty. I allowed 2 days to go by before casually saying "Hey Dude, I noticed you're out of facewash" (soooo casual) "Have you been using mine?" (Clarasonic Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser by way of Sephora). Dr. H freely admitted that yes, he was out of facewash and yes, he had just been using mine. "No big deal" (says the Queen of casual) "but my facewash costs about double yours, so please get more soon." Message received, wife feels accomplished for gently putting maintenance of husband's personal sanitation needs on his own plate.

But then more days go by... and still no Neutrogena. Desperate to say something again, I bite my toungue. You see, I am genetically predisposed to be a bit of a nagger (my Mom and I prefer to call it "persistently organized") but everyone knows there's nothing more awful than living with a nag (being married to one?!) So several more days transpire and I'm literally feeling the additional lost ounces in my facewash bottle during what are now moderately rage-filled showers (predisposed to nagging and overreacting?) I'm beginning to contemplate just replacing the damn facewash myself, but then my dear Dr. H will get the (false!) impression that if he does nothing for long enough, I will just do all of life's tedious tasks for him. Thankfully, I devised the perfect solution:
Problem solved (the ducks agree)
Does this count as nagging? Does my husband realize how lucky he is!? Happy Friday my friends!!

1 comment: