Friday, February 22, 2013

Healthy Habit of the Month II.

Yup, that sounds about right.
This post is the second installment of SeektobeMerry's "Healthy Habit of the Month" series. Sourced from my bff's at Weight Watchers, online articles and my own efforts to keep fit and trim, throughout 2013, I will attempt to integrate one new healthy habit into my life each month. Join me!

So we meet again impending spring... With March just 1 week away, I'm trying to overlook the lion and focus on the lamb. Before we know it, warmer weather will allow us to shed our bulky sweaters and full-coverage outfits for spring apparel, meaning it's time to get serious about our healthy habits people!!! How are we doing with last month's pledge to eat a fruit or veggie at every meal? Full disclosure, I've achieved only moderate success. I'm definitely eating WAY more of the good stuff, but for me every meal is a major change and requires a lot of advance planning. I'm getting there. Baby steps right? 
This month we're going to shift gears from food to activity.
Healthy Habit of the Month #2: Schedule a workout. Just one. EVERY week.
We all have the best intentions, but fitting in exercise can be a real challenge. You have to physically get to the place you're going to workout, you have to have energy to do your workout and then you have to clean yourself up (with the sweating and the hair and the re-dressing...) For me a 1 hour workout can take nearly 2 hours if I include travel and cleanup times. And we're all busy (and lazy and thirsty for a cocktail) so some weeks I get in 3 or 4 workouts, other weeks, nada. For this month's challenge, I'm going to look at my calendar every Sunday night and schedule in 1 workout for the week. I'm going to treat it like an important meeting - it cannot be cancelled or rescheduled for anything short of a true emergency. No more excuses, just a better ability to make time for working up a good sweat. Game on exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment