Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I Have a Dream (Bathroom Ed.)

Dare to Dream.
... I have a dream, that some day, I will not be limited to one bathroom in my home. I have a dream that my sink will be separate from my husband's sink and that my mirror shall no longer be spattered with water from his post-shower hair-preening. I have a dream that washing my face will no longer involve standing in a puddle created by someone else who washed their face first. I have a dream of a home with two toilets... a home where my bedtime routine is not delayed for twenty minutes by a husband taking his evening constitutional or endured side by side with his stench. I have a dream of his and hers medicine cabinets, loaded with products, existing together in harmony.

And when this happens, when we allow our home to expand and accommodate the needs of two bathroom users, side by side, in all their individual neat-freak and slovenly glory, the tiles and mirrors and bathmats shall rejoice with me and say "free at last, free at last, Thank God almighty we are free at last!!" 

Ed. Note: This dream may not exactly be on the level of Dr. Martin Luther King (hope you enjoyed his day yesterday!) but it is nevertheless being dreamt.

No comments:

Post a Comment