Monday, September 8, 2014

Travels and Headline News

Wanderlust 4 Eva
Hello hello and welcome back to the merriest corner of the internet! After a little hiatus from blogging for some friend-filled travel and celebrations last week, I'm back to tell you where I've been lately and why you need to go there too.

First, Charleston, SC. Have you been? I visited Charleston over Labor Day weekend, staying at a rented house on Isle of Palms (one of the beach communities just outside downtown Charleston) and had an absolute blast. Charleston has beautiful homes, lovely beaches and a down south chill vibe that made it an excellent vacation destination (including for our family's little kiddos). I highly recommend renting a house near the beach (with a pool, it gets HOT!) and letting your days be a relaxing mix of beach, golf, swimming and the occasional trip into town for shopping (Charleston has awesome shopping of the boutique and designer variety) and eating (we went to Hominy Grill one night and loved everything from the shrimp and grits to the pie for dessert). There was a ton of history and exploring we didn't get to do this trip, but I guess that just means I need to go back!! A short flight from NYC, consider Charleston for your next family vacation, romantic getaway or even a bachelorette or girls trip destination!

View from Munjoy Hill, where our rental house was.
Second, Maine... Like the whole state, but this time around, specifically Portland. I have now vacationed in Maine twice (Bar Harbor last time) and I think it might be my exact-opposite-of-NYC-can-I-have-a-home-here-too favorite destination. Portland is another short trip from NYC (just a 50 minute flight) and the crisp air, gorgeous ocean/bay views and out of this world seafood make it the most refreshing place on the planet to visit. Again we rented a house (sensing a theme here!?) and I fell in love with everything from our multi-story old house, to paddleboarding on the bay, outrageously good lobster mac HERE and the general adorableness of a small city meant for exploring and enjoying on foot. I've already got plans to be back in Maine next summer and  I think this is a tradition I could get used to!!

And finally, HAVE YOU HEARD THE NEWS!? Thanks to an "I-just-opened-my-eyes-and-saw-your-email" from my beloved (parent)thetically speaking, I learned this morning that the royals are expecting another bundle of joy. While I wish first and foremost for Kate and Will a healthy bitty baby, I wish secondly for myself and the world for a little princess because after closely following George's adorable clothing swagger, I'd love to see what a royal lady baby would do. Congrats to the parents-to-be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment