Friday, June 27, 2014

So this is it.

That quote is currently my cellphone wallpaper and I repeat it to myself every time I see it. The reason, as some of you may have deduced (from subtle hints like THIS and THIS), is that over the past several months I've been in hot pursuit of something both terrifying and amazing and this week I decided to leap. This week I resigned from my current lawyer job to focus fully on my own business which will center around "giving back" and helping others to do the same. Making the world a better place has been my long term goal for as long as I've been long term goal-ing (up until college I actually aspired to be President (of the United States!) because I wanted to help people) so this transition feels like a whole lot of planning and dreaming coming to life.

But even good change is scary and I have to confess, I'm definitely scared. I have worked at the same company for 5 years and as an intern for a year and a half before that. My job has been a place to grow, learn and form relationships that have shaped every inch of the professional I've become. The people I work with, people I spend far more waking hours with each week than even my own husband(!!) are wonderful humans who I will miss sitting beside each day. And on top of all that, I've recently realized that it's quite easy to dream, but having the courage to make your dream real is a whole different beast.

So this is it. This is the beginning of a new beginning. I'm going to study all my inspirational quote Pins and be brave and remember that "doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will" because I think that's all we can do right? We can't live life wondering if we could have accomplished something, we've got to actually try to accomplish it and take reality from there. It's like (the amazing) Tina Fey once said...

No comments:

Post a Comment