Friday, August 31, 2012

Saturn's Return

What is it you plan to do?
Have you ever heard of "Saturn Return"? Recently, Dr. H and I were hanging out with one of our more fabulous friends, and she told us about an astrological "moment" that's happening to us right now. You see, Saturn return is when Saturn returns to the same point in the sky that it occupied at the moment of your birth. It is an alleged phenomenon which supposedly influences a person's life development at 27 to 29 year intervals or "returns" (coinciding with the approximate time it takes Saturn to make one orbit around the sun (29.4 years)). It is believed by astrologers that, as Saturn "returns" to the degree in its orbit occupied at the time of your birth, you cross over a major threshold and enter the next stage of life. With the first Saturn return (28-30) you leave youth behind and enter adulthood; with the second return (56-60) maturity; and with the third and usually final return (84-90) wise old age

I am a believer in the stars and the mystical accuracy of astrology (I am a Cancer crab through and through) so I bought into this concept immediately. There's something powerful about transition and something empowering about knowing that this is the threshold of whatever you choose to have happen next.

Be brave. Make moves.
Even though I'm no longer in school, the start of fall still has a "new year" feel for me. With the lazy sunny summer behind us, I like to think about what I want the year ahead to look like. Good thing I have a 3-day weekend to sunbathe and mull it over:) Thanks for the planetary motivation Saturn.
See you in September!

No comments:

Post a Comment