Thursday, August 15, 2013

that’s what she said

That's what she said.
This post brought to you by the fabulous (parent)thetically speaking.

Take a 2.75 year old – give her an impressive (if I do say so myself) vocabulary, the ability to put together complete sentences, an imagination that goes on for days, and a fondness for the gab – and you’ve got yourself a very entertaining conversationalist.

Has a story (or a tiny, rambling, crazy person) made you chuckle and think “what could possibly be going on in their head?” Here are some gems that I’m oh-so-glad I wrote down…
                                                           
(telling a story…)
- When I was little, I had big friends, they was called Alex and Emily.
- When I get big, I’m going to go to a office all by myself and there’s going to be big people in my story.

(imagination…)
- We going into the house’s mouth! (pulling into the garage)
- Here’s a pancake, cheese and pasta sandwich for you…Mmmm tastes chocolate-y.
- Chickens can’t go on vacation. You’re too goofy.
- My whole world is gone in my room. It went outside. You look for it while I get my toys…you found it? It was all the way out there? At the beach?

(when she should’ve been in bed a half hour ago…) 
- Ooooh, I remember that and then I said, do you want some food? Not yet, after dinner.
- Sometimes I eat bread, and sometimes I eat mommy’s cheeks.
- (Q: What’s the opposite of old?) A: Winter. Winter means light.

(sweet nothings…)
- Thanks for letting me borrow your arm. It’s so pretty. I love it.
- May I snuggle you?
- When you was a baby, I scooped you in your crib and that was my best hugs ever.

(simple, yet somehow profound…)
- I’m Dolly. I have tags. I go with Jane.
- The sky’s not falling. It’s just staying there.

 And that, folks, is what she said.

For previous posts from (parent)thetically speaking, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment