Thursday, August 8, 2013

a forever kind of love.

Love
Sometimes a blogger gets to take bloggy liberties and use her bloggy space however she pleases, and today is going to be one of those sometimes-es. Today I'd like to use this space to send out a big, public, loving thank you to my most awesome Dr. H.

You see, earlier this week, I attended the funeral of a man who passed away after 99 years living an inspired life on earth. He spent nearly 65 of those years married to a woman who by all accounts was his entire universe. The way they looked at one another melted hearts. Theirs was and always will be, an inspiring and forever kind of love. I didn't know them especially well, but well enough to unmistakably know that.

After the funeral, I found myself trying to imagine what 65 years feels like. 65 years of anything, let alone 65 years of marriage, is impossible to perceive when you haven't even been alive for half that long... but I'm comforted by the possibility of it; the idea that Dr. H and I will be partners for longer than I can even imagine... because the thing is, I need him. I am bursting at the seams with energy, emotions, ideas and big 'ol dreams, so I married a man who grounds me, loves me, inspires me and pushes me. If I'm going to be around another 65 years, I'm pretty sure I need him to be around too. 

So thank you Dr. H for all of your wonderfulness. May we grow old and wrinkly together, melting hearts with the looks we share and inspiring others with a forever kind of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment