Friday, April 5, 2013

Eat, Drink and be Merry!

Ice cream season is coming!!!
Well if this wasn't the longest 3-day week EVER! Between the cold and then the construction  debacle and getting absolutely beasted by a post-vacation deluge of work, I'm ready for the weekend big time. Maybe it will even be warm and sunny enough to warrant my first visit with Mr. Softee!? I could use some Mr. Softee... Here to ensure a fun few days ahead are some eats, a drink and a little something to make you smile. See you next week!!
Superfood Quinoa Salad. YUM.
I always struggle to find ways to kick quinoa up a notch (it's like pasta's healthier, bland cousin) but this shrimp quinoa salad looks like it just might do the trick.  Click HERE for the full recipe, including homemade lemon vinaigarette dressing (which is so easy, I can't wait to try it!) 
Tuxedo Greyhound
Could there be a cocktail more spring-y looking cocktail than these "Tuxedo Greyhounds"!? Comprised of grapefruit juice, simple syrup (granulated sugar and water), vodka and champagne (precise mixology instructions HERE) I might have to channel my inner Megan Draper and sip one of these lovelies while watching Sunday night's Mad Men season premiere (anyone else SO excited!? Full recap of last season to get you ready courtesy of Rolling Stone mag HERE). So very Zou Bisou Bisou.

Be merry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment