Friday, December 16, 2011

Dream a little dream for..?

I spend a lot of time dreaming and scheming. I can’t help myself... on a daily basis I think about all the things in this world I wish I could do or be or visit. All of this dreaming makes for quite a mental “to do” list so I’m wondering - how do we know which of our dreams are worth chasing? Assuming we take the arguably downer, but (let's be adults here) realistic view of our personal dreams, we know that some are probably not going to pan out (be the first woman President) and some just might be within reach (see the northern lights). And once we've mustered up the courage to select that big dream worth chasing (be bilingual) when is the right time to go for it? I have so many more questions than answers!!

I think being a dreamer is a good thing, but maybe it leads to more disappointment than it’s worth. On my honeymoon, Dr. H and I hiked for 4 days to Machu Picchu which is something I’d dreamed of doing. It was a big dream, a big adventure and 4 of the best days of my life. On the flip side, I dreamed of being a Moot Court all star in law school and when I didn’t make the team I was devastated. In the end, I believe “you’ve got to play to win!” and I think that applies to dreaming big, but that’s just me. What about you? Do you place constraints on your dreams or is the sky the limit? Will you be chasing a dream this weekend?

Dream on merry readers!

(Image via Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment