Thursday, November 1, 2012

Normal(ish)

Hey Sandy, NY has a message for you...
Today is going to be a normal-ish day. I'm back at the office... but the majority of my colleagues are not. I'm packed and ready to move... but my new apartment is not able to welcome me (powerless). My family is safe and mostly unscathed... but my city and so many friends, are not as lucky. It feels a little strange to act normal-ish. Yesterday I went on an exploratory bike ride:
Even where there's power, it ain't safe in the street

Our neighborhood crane is still dangling

...and downtown, is a ghost town (Meatpacking Dist)

Pumps in the West Village are working overtime

You no longer need scuba gear at the
Brooklyn/Battery tunnel 

Thankfully, NYC has not lost its sense of humor:
"Bill Clinton" & a lady friend attempt to hail a cab
on First Avenue yesterday afternoon

Tomorrow we will shoot for "normal", but today I think it's ok to settle for "normal-ish".  Once again, I quote my favorite poet:
Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,

No comments:

Post a Comment