Thursday, May 14, 2015

On prioritizing.

'cause I'm greedy!
Over the past few weeks, I have become a master of prioritizing and a student of "letting it go".  Out of absolute necessity, life lately has forced me to rank what's important and set aside what can wait...  I've basically become a living billboard for the mantra "you can have it all, but not all at once".

For example, yesterday I managed to have a crazy productive work day, a date night with my dude, watch a kick ass hockey game, pack for a business trip/family celebration long weekend annnnd do 3 loads of laundry. This morning I left for my business trip with the piles of said laundry sitting on my couch (I just left the laundry my couch!!) Last weekend, I flew to Florida with dirty dishes in the sink (ahhh!!!) and piles of unopened mail sit on my kitchen table for days on end (gasp!) In another lifetime, I never would have been able to let these things go, they would have eaten at my soul and made me feel unsettled and off-balance. But the reality is that I can't be working and socializing the way I want and keep my home as tidy as I like it. When I looked at everything on my plate, I decided the laundry could wait. The t-shirt quilt coupon can go unused. The DVR can stay messy and full. I'm having it all, just not all at once.

Editor's Note: I vacuumed at 6:45am before leaving the house... I NEEDED to vacuum so I could come home to a pristine carpet. Baby steps!? 

No comments:

Post a Comment