Friday, September 14, 2012

This, that and another thing...

perfect.
Well would you look at us! We've made it to another Friday and there's nothing but crisp sunshine and straight up chillaxin' ahead. To send you off into the sunset (errr, weekend?) I thought I'd do a little "hear it, read it, make it, LOVE it"! You know... some new tunes, a great book, a smile-worthy craft and something I reeeaaaallly wanna buy. Happy Friday friends!

Hear it.
Michael Kiwanuka is a British soul musician whose wiki page compares him to Bill WithersRandy NewmanOtis Redding, Van Morrison and the Temptations. I was thinking sultry, soft, soulful and sweet... same thing right!? Kiwanuka is playing Webster Hall here in NYC this Tuesday (more tour dates HERE) and I just might have to find a way to be there... his sound is simply divine.

Read it.
This month my book club hostess naiiiiilllled it. She selected The Secret Life of Cee Cee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain and it's the first book I've read in a while that I could.not.put.down. I'm talking "sneak out of the office during lunch to read the ending" levels of suspense. A step above chick lit, but not as ambitious as Jane Austen, I think it's the perfect selection for your fall reading pleasure!

Make it.
Prepare yourself Dr. H, I'm gonna go on a rock monster making FRENZY!!! How a-dor-a-ble are these little guys!? And they couldn't be easier to create: grab some pebbles, paint those pebbles, add mouths with marker (simple tutorial HERE) then glue googly eyes to the front, a magnet to the back and Ta Da!!, your fridge is now a total monster mash-ing good time:)

LOVE it.
There is a 100% chance one of these darling (that's right I said darling!heart pillows will find a home in my new apartment. See more of Wendy Polish's sweet designs in her little online shop HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment