Thursday, September 13, 2012

Sweet dreams (eventually).

How about we start at EAT & skip to SLEEP TIME?
ps- "pyjamas"?
How long does it take you to get ready for bed at night? If I want my head to hit the pillow at the same time as Dr. H, I need at least a ten minute head start... There's teeth brushing and face washing, contact removing, moisturizer applying and medicine taking, also one final pee, apartment door locking and last but not least, night time hair styling (usually a high bun or pony to ensure maximum morning hair glamour). It's my routine and I can't see how to remove a single step. Even on my most exhausted (or lazy or boozy) nights, I never ever climb into bed without at least a clean face and minty mouth. Dr. H on the other hand can make it from couch to comatose in about 3-minutes flat. I envy his no fuss existence.

And the worst part of it is that sometimes I stay up too late, lingering on the couch in front of the television, out of sheer apathy for my own routine! I think "ooooh it's so annoying to get ready for bed, I'll just put it off for a few minutes longer..." (because contact lens removal is that difficult?) Is it insanity that I'm so routinized that I can't even go to sleep without checking things off a to-do list or are my steps truly essential!? Maybe someday we'll have a magical way to be cleaned and primped and bed-ready in seconds, but until then, I'll see you in my dreams (eventually:)

2 comments:

  1. as your future dentist i say you should brush your teeth! Its more important to brush your teeth before bed than any time else... everything else i say skip it and hit the hay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get makeup remover wipes to get off the excess makeup from the day and don't bother washing after that. And yes, brush yo' teeth. Also, maybe take your meds in your purse to take at lunch?

    I am trying to GET a nighttime routine right now (normally I just go to bed with nothing that you listed done)...maybe we should trade!

    ReplyDelete