Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fall into a few new things...

SO much to love about this ensemble.
One of my favorite things about the start of a new season is that it's the perfect excuse for a little wardrobe update. BUT, if you're a frugal fashionista like myself, you know it's crucial to find a perfect balance between trendy pieces that scream this fall and timeless classics which you can bring back every fall. Here are a few ideas which fit into both categories and make for an awesome autumn closet update.

From J. Crew to my closet please!
Cute collars are a feminine and fun style that I'm spotting all over the place this fall. Unlike the 90s version which piled sweaters on top of traditional button downs, this trend has been simplified (and de-bulked) by building cute collars into all sorts of looks. Get your girly on with a contrasting collar this fall.

When I wear these colors do my legs magically look like theirs?
Black and blue and burgundy... so hot right now. Though I love me some bright jewel tones and neon, the sophistication of these darker color combinations is hard to resist. Embrace the fashion world's acceptance of black and blue together (it's about time!) or throw on a sexy burgundy to blend in with all the fall foliage.

Leather and Paris. I'll take one of each!
There are few things more timeless than a chic leather jacket and the price point can be whatever your heart desires depending on whether you go faux or high-end real deal. Dark brown, burgundy, hunter green or classic black can give any t-shirt/jeans combo a little rocker edge, or take a colorful print sundress from summer into fall by throwing a cute jacket on top (and boots on bottom!) I love THIS affordable faux option from Urban Outfitters and THIS bomber jacket beauty (with zip-in shearling!) if your budget allows for a more serious investment.

Go bold or go home (well maybe not that bold:)
Thanks to one of my most glam girlies, I recently discovered the fabulousness that is lipstick. Though Dr. H is not the biggest fan (what does he know!?) I feel like a bolder, brighter me when sporting colored lips. Plus, there's no easier way to transition from day at the desk to night on the town than puckering up with a vibrant hue. Russian Red was my go to this summer, but for fall I think MAC's Diva is it. Way cheaper than any article of clothing, consider lipstick when going for a fresh look this season!

Want more info on the season's hottest trends (from people who actually know what they're talking about!? hehe) Click HERE and HERE and HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment