On December 9th there was a milestone around here that came and went unacknowledged. I can't believe it, but I totally missed celebrating Seek to be Merry's 3rd birthday (whhhat!?!) That's right, it's been three whole years since this little hobby took off and that's quite an accomplishment if I don't say so myself! 2014 as a blogger was a bit all over the place, much like 2014 was for me as a human. There was a lot of snow and travel and big huge life decisions. I ate well and drank often. I let go of being a 5-day-per-week-without-fail blog post-er and I adopted the hashtag as a form of communication (#EmbraceIt). 2014 was so many things, that I forgot to stop and celebrate my own blog's birthday. Whoa.
Maybe, like all things as they get older, each passing year becomes less of a "THING" and more of "just another thing". Maybe I'm totally distracted by work and juggling wonderful things going on with family and friends. Maybe I don't need my blog as much as I did in 2011 when I escaped to this corner of the internet with all of you. Who knows. Who cares!? HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLOG!!
To celebrate, here are some of my most favorite posts and a roundup of all the goodness we shared:
Food Glorious Food!
* cozy winter eats (and again) * cocktails * strange snacks * for cheese lovers * pasta and potatoes MmHmm * damn good recipes * Sangria & dessert * football food * cozy fall-ish recipes * pull-apart breads
My beloved New York City
* deli and dessert * Adult show, Kid museum * The Smith * Potatopia * custom shirts and a charming italian spot * Street Meat * the Met Ball * horseback riding in Brooklyn and 3 amazing restaurants * cuban and fancy italian recs * Broadway
Career & Life
* Grown up stuff * taking the slow route (+ food) * sharing kind thoughts * A mom memory * juggling * enjoying joy * ways to chill out * life and death * inspiration * the uneasies * living in extremes * changing jobs * goodbye 20s * friendship * last names * Sis's engagement(!) * On change * working from home * Lack of peppermint bark at the "office"
Merry Meri Recommendations
* a charming short * Disney Princess 1/2 marathon * Waterlogue App * ask for what you want! * Costa Rica * combatting wrinkles * Chicago * Blue Apron * Big Kid birthday parties * A good movie * For the Kiddos (1, 2, 3) * road trips * Charleston and Maine * a show and a book * what's on my tv * Marcel is back * For lovers of ballet * Serial (seriously) * Swift and Poehler
* my favorite hair tool (ever) * paper dresses * VPL * Spring 2014 fashion * Zara hotness * jewels I love * Fall 2014 trends * Sweaters and Shoes * For Holiday Parties
* loving pictures * lunch baggies * going purse-less * #OscartheFriendlyPup * hickey burn * the lightweight quilt * a poem for Dr. H * photobombing * stealing cilantro and other crazy things * Swimmin in the creek * Queen B * stop saying sorry! * getting hit on by a 10 year old * puns * dancing in the living room * the Doritos Locos Taco * Owning a bajillion iPhone cases * Nude photo scandals * For love of Dr. H * Using a bajillion bags * Burning myself on things I know are hot