Friday, April 25, 2014

Burned (a somewhat funny story)

Pucker up fishy!
This morning, as I was hustling to style my hair with my beloved curling wand, I waived that magic wand across my neck in a most un-magical way. "Ahhh!" the dreaded hair hot tool burn. Though not uncommon for me to occasionally suffer a finger or hand wound, this was the first for my neck and it hurt pretty bad, but I bravely soldiered on to ensure a timely morning departure. When I'd finished hair and moved on to makeup, I finally paused to take a look in the mirror at what exactly I had done and was horrified to discover a small redish/purple mark on the frontish/side of my neck. The mark itself wasn't horrifying, but its strong resemblance to another type of redish/purple mark that one gets on the frontish/side of her neck was.

As I assessed the damage and applied concealer, I hoped that the small size of the mark would thwart anyone from making naughty assumptions or at least make them wonder what sort of tiny, fish-mouthed man I'd shared my steamy make out sesh with. I then pulled my hair forward around my neck and like a sheepish teenage girl, headed out to face the day.

2 comments:

  1. I hope it doesn't hurt too much, sweetie...Have a great day, you lovely lady:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Diana you are the sweetest. Fortunately, I'm more embarrassed than injured, but it at least makes for a good story:) Hope your week is off to a good start - xox, m

    ReplyDelete