Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Thank You.

October 15, 2011
Today is my 3rd wedding anniversary. Three years as Mrs. Dr. H in the books. It's remarkable how time can fly like that... I thought a lot about what I wanted to say in this post, how I could outdo the cheese-tastic outpouring of love that I displayed for years one and two (or do I just write a sentence and give you some Hump Day Distractions!?) but after reflecting on everything that happened during our third year as husband and wife, I think what I really want to say is: 
Thank you. 

Thank you my beloved Dr. H for a year of unprecedented support and encouragement. For a year of pep talks and planning, assistance and patience. Thank you for helping me face my fears, chase my dreams and chill the F out (because alone I clearly would have lost my mind). Thank you for enduring my melt downs and sleepless nights, my manic energy and breathless (endless) conversations. Thank you for teaching me how to use Excel (again) and for doing all my math for me. Thank you for dancing with me. Thank you for so much love.

In marriage, you are told there will be give and take and that the goal is to achieve balance between the husband and wife. Husband, I do not know how I will ever repay you for the year that you've given me, but I'm happy to spend the next however many years it takes trying:) I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is the sweetest post ever and it totally melted my heart! Happy 3rd wedding anniversary, sweetie. xoxo

    ReplyDelete