Monday, March 31, 2014

Music for your Monday...

Exactly.
Anyone else feeling particularly ruffled today? For me it's just one of those days when even the post-work day already feels hectic, like do I go to yoga or the grocery store or pick up the drying cleaning that's been ready since Thursday??? ...will I leave the office early enough to do any of these items? Yoinks Monday you sure are a crazy lady!!

When the world gets too loud, there's always music to bring me back to my center and I've got a new artist to recommend today that's providing some awesome, soothing energy via my ear buds.

Sam Smith
Maybe you discovered him on SNL Saturday night (click HERE to watch his killer and seriously well received 2 performances!) or maybe like me you noticed his single "Money on my Mind" creeping onto the Spotify top tracks playlist a few weeks back... regardless, this UK import is sure to soul-sing his way onto American airwaves. Slow tracks like "Lay me Down" (his second song on SNL) have a John Legend-esque quality of painful romance and incredible musicality, while more funky upbeat songs like "Money on my Mind" and "Together" are sure to have you grooving down the street. Check out Sam Smith's music now and I promise this crazy Monday is gonna just melt away.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, he is amazing and yes, Monday was "busy"..ufff!!! I love that song and I can't wait to check out more of his tunes. Hope you will have a wonderful Tuesday, sweetie. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Diana isn't he fabulous!? So glad you liked it too, can't wait for the full album. Happy Tuesday to you!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. When the world gets too loud, there's always music to bring me back to my center and I've got a new artist to recommend today that's providing some awesome, soothing energy via my ear buds.

    ReplyDelete