Monday, March 17, 2014

geeking out.

Being a geek means......
This post brought to you by the fabulous 

so guys, I think I’m a geek. Nay, I KNOW I’m a geek, but I just kinda wanted to put some stuff out there, and see if maybe we all have a little inner geek? I remember it well, when I realized and embraced my geek-ness. It was middle school, and I was the brunt of some teasing, etc (your classic middle school stuff) because I, like, voluntarily raised my hand to answer the questions the teachers were asking. And I voluntarily stayed home on the weekends to watch Nash Bridges with my dad and go thrifting with my mom and read John Grisham books. So there you had it, I was a geek, I identified it and looked forward to a lifetime of discovering the ways my inner geek would become an outer geek. So I thought I would share with you, through the magic of internet links, the ways in which I tend to geek out. Anyone else relate to this stuff…anyone? Bueller?
Basically the greatest shirt ever.

*My (mandatory) but entirely too enthusiastic participation in History Day  and my completely optional participation in Odyssey of the Mind...or maybe it was my pride in making it to states for both…word.
*my excitement for 7pm when Jeopardy would come on (to this day…though it’s on at 7:30 here, kind of life-altering) 
*My obsession with the notion that our universe has a shape – I just think it’s one of the coolest things to think about! Here’s a quick write-up, but I feel as though I could’ve taken an entire college course on the subject
*I would like to go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter for my 5th wedding anniversary, and would like to make it a requirement that my husband read all the books before we go (he’s only seen the movies, ugh, don’t get me started). And I want my own wand. I really really do.
*Aaron Sorkin is a writing genius , and I quote parts of his dialogue daily. (full disclosure, I spent at least a half hour reading quotes before picking one to share)
from The West Wing…
CJ: Duchamp was the father of Dadaism.
Toby: I know.
CJ: The dada of Dada.
Toby: It’s like there’s nothing you can do about this joke. It’s coming and you just have to stand there.
*One of my besties (who totally gets me) got something like this for my son for his first birthday…why, yes, it is indeed a toy lightsaber

So there you have it. And this handy Buzzfeed chart lets me know that I am an offshoot of Geekus Prime. Please tell me you’re on here somewhere too?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment