Thursday, April 12, 2012

California dreamin...

Peace out homies.
By the time you read this, I will be at 30,000 feet, en route to the Pacific Ocean between my toes and amazing music in my ears. Thanks to awesome friends (who think up awesome wedding gifts) I am headed to the Coachella Music Festival. I get 24 hours in Santa Monica and then 72 hours in the desert rubbing elbows with celebrities while listening to some of my favorite musicians (more on them tomorrow!) It has all the makings of an absolutely perfect weekend getaway.

Even if you aren't on vacation these next few days, that doesn't mean you can't find something awesomely out of the ordinary to do! Here are a few mighty fine suggestions to get your imagination going:
* Get Sporty. Baseball season is underway and you know you've missed your team. Grab some cheap seats and go eat a hot dog OR if you're feeling more like a homebody, the NHL Playoffs kicked off last night and there are ridiculous matchups going on all weekend long (and go "drink from the Cup" in Times Square through Friday!)
* Sing and Dance. Coachella isn't the only show in town... there's live music happening everywhere, all the time, if you know where to look. Sonicliving and Tourfilter are two great sites for finding out about upcoming shows in your area. 
* Get Creative. If you're in the NYC area, I highly recommend checking out the BUST Magazine Craftacular and Food Fair. That's right, crafts AND foods... be still my heart.
* Play Outside. Spring is my favorite season for picnics because the temperature is really perfect - no sweaty cheese or warm wine. Pack up some goodies (Dr. H and I LOVE our picnic backpack) and venture into the great outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment