Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Well look what the cat dragged in...

Look who it is!!
Ummm. Hello!? Is anybody out there? It's me, Merry Meri, returning from my unexplained hiatus from blogland... I don't exactly know where to start... My break from blogging began as 1 busy day, then a few and then the longer I was gone the more daunting the idea of jumping back in became. And more than stressing about what to say, last week, for whatever reason, I just wasn't in the mood to say much of anything. Every time I tried to sit down and let the creative juices flow, it felt like a chore (and who wants to read posts from a bored-of-herself blogger!?). Thankfully, I had an awesomely restorative long-weekend and today I thought I'd catch you up a bit on what I've been up to!

*I am currently choking down a green juice because I'm doing a 3-day cleanse. And I'm not going to pretend I'm interested in the "health benefits" of juicing this time. This is a 100% juice/starvation mechanism to force me to stop eating like a beast and lose a few damn pounds. I've been eating like my goal is to break the scale lately and it's sad and delicious and unhealthy and fun (until you can't fit into any of your summer clothes). Wish me luck.
* Have you read "All the Light We Cannot See" by Anthony Doerr? I recently finished it and I really enjoyed it. Historical fiction, so a little heavier than your typical summer read, but still easy to get through with gripping characters. Check it out!
* I saw Pitch Perfect 2 over the weekend and while it wasn't even close to the amazingness of the original, it was more than a little laugh out loud funny and the music was aca-mazing. Go into it with realistic expectations (sequels are never as good as the original) and I think you'll be pleased.
* After 3 years in my apartment, I've finally discovered the flowers that are happiest on my terrace - pansies and dahlias. The colorful blossoms are flourishing and they make me smile every time I look at them. Go get yourself some fresh flowers my friends, it's worth it.
* Next time you're looking for delicious Italian in a charming, somewhat girly locale, check out Gina La Fornarina on the upper west side. From savory salads to big meatballs, pizza topped with amazing fresh ingredients and tons of homemade pastas (which I didn't try but looked mouthwateringly delicious) this is a spot I'd often seen, but never tried and now I'm glad I did because I'll be back!
* I finally saw the Backstreet Boys documentary "Show 'Em What You're Made Of" (yes that's really a thing!) and it was everything I'd hoped for. I watched at a sleepover with my mutually BSB-obsessed bff and the whole evening was like a page out of our 8th grade lives. I highly recommend you get together with your old BSB fan club and watch!
* I recently relocated my kitchen table to the side of my living room and created a desk that faces out the window. It's super ghetto but totally refreshing my work-from-home attitude. If I go missing again, this is probably where you'll find me:

No comments:

Post a Comment