Thursday, July 5, 2012

Uhhh... back to work?

Chocolate Covered Brownie Ice Cream Sandwich
I feel like someone gave me an amazing chocolate covered brownie ice cream sandwich, let me take a big 'ol bite, and then just took it away!! After a day of sleeping in, egg sandwiches for breakfast (you KNOW how I feel about egg sandwiches) a little beach/pool/Dr. H/sunshine action and FIREWORKS(!!!) somehow, I am back at work. On the bright side however, a holiday on a Wednesday kinda makes it seem like this week has three weekends. I can live with that outlook! To welcome you back to the weirdest week ever, I thought I would dedicate this post to ice cream. Because I love ice cream (to the moon and back).

Tasty treat treasure trove right on the streets of NYC!
Soft serve is far and away my FAVORITE kind of ice cream (though there are a few homemade scoop flavors that rival it (I'm lookin at you Ice Cream Cottage Chocolate Overdose)). Mr. Softee trucks are a quintessential sign of summer here in NYC and block after block I have to ask myself "do I want a chocolate dip cone?" or "how about a swirl with sprinkles"? The answer: Yes and yes.

Never doubt the power of an amazing chocolate milkshake

This one requires an ice cream maker (which obvi I own) but
you could definitely just buy the flavor and start from there...

And finally, I saved the ice cream world's pièce de résistance for last. If you ever find yourself outside a Ghirardelli's Chocolate Shop, do not hesitate. Enter. Sit down. Order something RIDICULOUS from their ice cream menu (sample HERE).
The experience will start like this...

...and end like THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment