Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Power of an Awesome Breakfast!


Every day should start with a deli sausage, egg and cheese on a toasted roll. Or maybe those days could alternate with cream cheese and lox on an everything bagel? Wouldn’t that be awesome? I am amazed by the power of a yummy breakfast. To be clear, I do not mean “power” as in power to get me through the day thanks to a healthy, balanced meal (clearly. I started this post with “sausage” and “cheese”). I mean power as in “this delicious bundle in tin foil is actually going to improve my mood!!”

My usual breakfast is a yogurt, but every so often I indulge in a breakfast MEAL instead of breakfast fuel and my smile as I chow in my cubicle amuses me every time. Breaking from my routine, having something I know is less healthy, BUYING breakfast... it all gives me some simple joy. And don’t pretend like you can make an egg sandwich as awesome as the one from my bodega. You can’t. It’s like writing the price in permanent marker on the wrapper of my sandwich gives it special power to satisfy. So I say treat yourself this morning to a break from boring breakfast. Your [toast and egg whites/yogurt/cold cereal] will be waiting for you again tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Apple toaster strudel it is! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    (we have them in the house bc Alex's cousin slept over - yeah, that's my story and I'm stickin to it)

    ReplyDelete