Monday, January 7, 2013

At least we have the food.

Brrrrr.
We have officially reached that moment when I say "F you winter, we're through!" Even though the temps here in NYC are forecast to be unseasonably warm these next few days, as I piled into my jacket, scarf, hat and gloves for an outing over the weekend, I remembered that once the Christmas lights come down, I don't have much use for winter anymore. Except, of course, when it comes to the food. Cozy, creamy, yummy winter food. So to celebrate the one awesome thing about the 2 months left before I can reasonably consider open toed shoes again, here are a few recipes I intend to try out soon. Happy eating!

Alfredo, Mac Cheese's BFF.
I found this recipe on Pinterest with the caption "Laughing Cow Alfredo Sauce (Weight Watchers friendly)". You had me at "Laughing Cow" (LOVE those little triangles!) Comprised of basic ingredients and insanely easy to whip up, this "imitation alfredo" will no doubt be on the menu in my house asap. (Direct link to recipe HERE). 


Yummy.
Spinach and artichoke linguine. Sounds fancy, looks tasty and the recipe (which I discovered courtesy of CupofJo) seems achievable even for an amateur chef such as myself. Though I will certainly need assistance from the cheese counter dude at Whole Foods to locate the mascarpone cheese, THIS recipe has "dinner for two" written all over it!


Bake it baby!
Because nothing is more fun than taking a healthy snack and making it less healthy, these baked avocados are lookin good to me! Still a genuinely "good" snack (adding ¼ cup bread crumbs and 1 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese is hardly "bad"), I look forward to surprising my avocado-loving husband with these tasty treats! (Direct link to recipe HERE)

And for added deliciousness, check out my FAVORITE recipe from last winter HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment