Friday, March 30, 2012

Good Eats.

As the weather warms up and we start shedding our layers of bulky winter clothing, I find myself craving a totally different type of cuisine. Though I love me some rich, creamy goodness, come spring I gravitate towards more fresh and colorful foods. Though I may be eating Cadbury Eggs for breakfast, here are a few recipes which include "good eats" for your weekend enjoyment. Happy cooking! ("eat me" via Pinterest)

Holy YUM and other possible deliciousness
(butternut squash mac cheese!?) over at PinchofYum
Hailed by many as the superior tater, I recently decided to give cooking sweet potatoes a try and I'm lurve. For a super easy side dish, I like to slice the potato into thin "discs", rub on a little olive oil and kosher salt, and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes (depending on thickness and desired crispness). Stuffed potato skins coming soon!

The healthiest Paula Deen recipe EVER.
Dr. H is obsessed with avocado. OBSESSED. I am definitely a fan, but unlike hubs, I don't sit around eating it with a spoon - I need a little flava. I know how to guac or serve it up with Mexican, but this might be my next dinner party dish.


Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Mac & Cheese.
Kitchen to do list fo sho
I like quinoa, but I haven't figured out how to take the grain "to the next level". I usually eat it as a side dish, prepared in chicken stock instead of water with seasoning  to taste, but with the help of Iowa Girl Eats, I think I'm ready to get fancy!


Pizza. Fruit. Sugar. YUM.
Leave it to Betty Crocker to help us make fruit less healthy right?! To lighten up this recipe a bit, I'm thinking of substituting the cream cheese frosting for Light Cool Whip, or maybe Greek Yogurt with some Splenda mixed in? (suggestions welcome!)

No comments:

Post a Comment