Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Random Thoughts and #GivingTuesday

Blah.
So did you all see what I did yesterday? Instead of being all "the long Thanksgiving weekend is over, woe is us, how will we survive this Monday?" I just jumped right into chatting with you and hoped we could breeze right past the holiday hangover. Did it work!? Are you all feeling just hunky dorey happy to be back and toiling away??? 

Me neither. In fact, my mind is kind of all over the place today...

* Do you think that THIS is real? I hope it's real because that lil guy just looks so relaxed and happy.
* Tonight Dr. H and I are attending a black tie event at the Waldorf Astoria (so glam) that starts at 6:30pm, meaning I have to get dressed in the bathroom at work (not glam). 
* I'm totally blowing it with holiday cards this year. Channuka is nearly over and I haven't even made a decision on what to send out. Last year it was Dr. H and I riding Shamu at Sea World "Wishing you a killer New Year" (not kidding) so I'm at a bit of a loss on how to top that.
* Not too long ago I wrote about THIS and then today I stumbled upon THIS. I'm feeling extremely validated.

Children ready to start school in Mwangaza
Lastly, did you know that today is "Giving Tuesday"? In response to Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday, charities decided to get in on the consumer spending by declaring today Giving Tuesday. #GivingTuesday (#GT) is intended to be a national day of giving to kick off the giving season, celebrating and encouraging charitable activities that support nonprofits. Want to get involved!? Of course you do!!! YOU can give to a worthy cause, my Free the Children Build a School initiative simply by clicking HERE. A donation of any amount will help Dr. H and I build a school in Kenya to educate children for years to come. Tis the season so please click HERE and make a contribution today (it was one of my 2013 New Years resolutions, help me get there before the year is over!)

No comments:

Post a Comment