Thursday, November 8, 2012

Uhhh...

Snow. NYC. November. WHHHAATT!?
So things are officially freaky deaky here in NYC (and if a New Yorker says it's freaky, it must be reaalllly freaky!) After flooding and wind of epic proportions, last night we added snow to the list.
View from my apt, 9pm last night
Where do I buy tickets for the ark..? This shizz is no joke. I don't know if this is global warming or El Nino or just some seriously bad luck, but how's a girl supposed to get dressed in the morning when the forecast is hurricane with a side of blizzard and godspeed opening your umbrella in this wind pretty lady..!?

Since this weatherpocolypse (combined with moving, unpacking, decor shopping and organizing) has left me in a mental clusterf*kc, I'm going to default to one of my favorite topics today: FOOD. It's like I always say, when the going gets tough... eat something:

"Skinny Cheesy Potatoes"
I think my fellow blogger over at The Spotted Lamb is onto something. These potatoes may not be healthy per se, but they are certainly healthier. Made with no butter, no sour cream and no condensed soup, the new super-ingredient greek yogurt is here to delivery creamy, tasty goodness. Yum.

It's important for you to know that I DO actually eat vegetables... starch and cheese may have my heart, but my booty is on a strict diet of delicious greens (don't you wish it could work that way!?) Here are a few new veggie recipes I'm eager to take for a test drive:
Israeli Couscous w Chickpeas, Brussels Sprouts & Asparagus
Pinterest HERE, direct link to recipe HERE

Apparently this will be the "Best Broccoli of Your Life"
Pinterest HERE, direct link to recipe HERE

And of course, don't forget to save room for dessert:
Homemade "ice cream" sandwiches!
Plop some Cool Whip and pudding (exact recipe w combo quantities HERE) between two graham crackers, sprinkle some yummy/pretty treats on the edges (sprinkles, crushed nuts, mini M&Ms!!) and pop into the freezer for about 1 hour. Voiala! Low fat "ice cream" sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment