Monday, October 1, 2012

A(nother) tribute.

I just drooled on my keyboard.
Friends. The time has come... It's CANDY CORN SEASON!!! As you may recall, I once waxed poetic about the amazingness that is "seasonal candy" (refresh your memory HERE). Well, Friday night when I made a 10pm run to CVS for microwave popcorn and paper towels (it was a wild and crazy night) THIS happened:
Excuse the grey background, CVS
carpeting isn't the sexiest.
The orange aisle called to me and my first impulse purchase of the season was made (the autumn mix was opened and sampled for the duration of my walk home). Then of course there was the pit stop I had to make at Walgreens on my way to work this morning:

I cannot control myself.
Pretty much any time I walk into a convenience store for the next 4 weeks, I will walk out with an orange Brachs product in my hand. And here's why: Candy Corn and Candy Pumpkins are AMAZING. Sugary deliciousness, limited availability, two sizes/consistencies (corn = little nibble of sweetness; pumpkin = big burst of sugar), how can anyone claim that this stuff isn't just the bees knees!?!?! Annnnd unless you have some sort of superhuman stomach lining and a tolerance for sugar which exceeds that of us mere mortals, there's no way you can have more than a handful of these sweet treats at a time. You have a few bites and then stop for fear of a terrible tummy ache. I mean, what other candy has such an effective built in "do not over eat" mechanism!?! Even stand-alone delicious products like M&Ms and Oreos want to get in on the seasonal goodness:

Where!? Where do I find these!?
This "holiday season" be sure to take a moment to stop and taste the sugar... Just don't forget to brush your teeth afterwards! (<--- Spoken like a true daughter/sister of a dentist ha!)

2 comments:

  1. you rock sis! enjoy your overdose of sugary halloween candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may be just as obsessed -- right snuggler? I remember we would get loadsssss of those guys...and who ate them? Me, me, and oh...me.

    ReplyDelete