Thursday, January 26, 2012

Wait, how old?

Recently, someone asked how old I am and I hesitated before answering. Now, I did not hesitate because I was embarrassed or considering not telling the truth... I hesitated because I actually, momentarily, did not know the right answer! Numbers popped into my head and I had to organize my brain, finally selecting the right one. What the whhhhha!? Has this ever happened to you? Do you find yourself suddenly feeling surprised by your age?

It's funny how time passes and we grow older, somehow seemingly, faster than we can keep track of. You always hear people exclaiming "it's already her first birthday!?" or "I can't believe it's our 10th reunion!"... where does the time go? But there's something refreshing about feeling younger than you are. I like that when someone asks how old my "little" sister is, I quickly think "18!" before remembering that I'm off by a few years! Feeling younger or envisioning the people we love as younger than reality means that life is good and we're not sitting around counting the minutes and years as they pass. So here's to growing older in reality, but staying however young we choose to be.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for making me 5 years younger than i really am sis :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS... that picture is the cutest thing i have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete