Thursday, June 27, 2013

"Woooo Baby!"

Lining up to take in the scenery?
I'm walking down a crowded Manhattan sidewalk, my recently purchased lunch in hand, when suddenly I hear "wooo baby". I look up. A middle aged man, likely employed in the construction industry (or just dresses like it?) gives me a huge smile and says "you're so beautiful baby." I pause for just a second, ignoring the beads of sweat on my forehead and the uncomfortable way my dress is sticking to my legs (oooh summer in the city) and smile right back at him. "Thank you!" I say. As I continue down the street he tells me that the view is even better from behind and I can't help but give a little courtesy grin over my shoulder as I head back to the office. My day has been made.

                                So now I'm going to confess something... 

Girl's got ASSets!
I freakin love getting an unsolicited compliment  (a "cat call" as the more uncouth refer to them) on the street. While some ladies are put off by the crass nature of a man shouting at them in public, I can't think of anything more flattering than a random gentleman finding himself so struck by just the look of you that he has to exclaim out loud. Because Dr. H, for all his loveliness, is not prone to whistle at me on my way out the door in the morning and sometimes, an unexpected midday compliment is just the pick-me-up a lady needs to feel sassy and fly. So next time one of you girls garners a compliment from a passing gentleman on the street, grin right back and enjoy it... Is that man likely to be the one you bring home to meet mom and dad? Probably not, but he thinks you're sexy which I think makes him pretty brilliant! 

You go girl:)

No comments:

Post a Comment