Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tis the season of mail!

keep up the good work little buddy!
One of my favorite things about this time of year is the sudden influx of "snail mail" I receive. After months of nothing but catalogues, solicitations and even the occasional empty mailbox, I'm now greeted daily by snowmen, photos of smiling children and glitter (obviously I love holiday cards with glitter). Come December, I look forward to collecting my mail  each evening because the holiday season is like a retro, pre-email moment in time when checking your mailbox is cool again (did anyone else LOVE getting the mail as a kid or am I the lone dork here!?)

Though many complain that holiday cards are a pain to send out (they are) I'm really glad that people still do it. I admit, it's tempting to opt for the speed and convenience of a digital hello or to let the hustle of the season eat up your "addressing envelopes time", but for me, nothing beats a colorful envelope bearing some ridiculous USPS stamp with my name on it. So dust off your address book, find the most beautiful/absurd/sentimental cards left on the shelf (or make a photo card, you know peeps dig the photo cards) and get mailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment